Terms of service
General Conditions governing the sale and delivery of products by Pikaplant to consumers and to professional counterparties acting in the conduct of a profession or business
1.1 These conditions apply, to the exclusion of any other conditions, to all offers, agreements and deliveries regarding products created or offered by Pikaplant.
1.2 The following definitions are used in these General Conditions:
- Pikaplant: the brand that sells products; owned by Nina Knappe.
- Buyer: Pikaplant’s counterparty;
- Consumer: a Buyer not acting in the conduct of a profession or business;
- Consumer Purchase: a purchase between Pikaplant and a Consumer;
- Distant Purchase: a Consumer Purchase whereby the agreement is concluded via the Internet or by telephone or post.
2. Offers and agreements
2.1 An offer or quotation will be without commitment, unless it relates to a Consumer Purchase, and will be valid during the specified term or while stocks last.
2.2 Unless Pikaplant has expressly stated another manner of conclusion, agreements between Pikaplant and the Buyer will be concluded upon written confirmation by Pikaplant, including confirmation by email. An automatically generated electronic order confirmation will not serve as such confirmation. Pikaplant reserves the right to refuse an order.
2.3 Pikaplant will have the right to make use of third parties in the performance of the agreement. Any and all rights and claims stipulated in these Conditions and in any further agreements for the benefit of Pikaplant will equally apply to any agents and other third parties engaged by Pikaplant.
3. Price adjustments
3.1 If the prices of raw materials or wages, import duties, taxes or other external costs increase after the conclusion of the agreement (whether or not due to currency fluctuations), Pikaplant will have the right to adjust the purchase price to that increase.
3.2 Pikaplant must inform the Buyer of such a circumstance as soon as possible, after which the Buyer will have the right to dissolve the agreement, unless it has been stipulated that the delivery will take place more than 3 (three) months after the purchase or the increase is due to a statutory price increase.
4.1 Specified delivery and other terms will not be of the essence, unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing. If a term is exceeded, the Buyer must therefore give Pikaplant written notice of default.
4.2 If Pikaplant requires information from the Buyer for the performance of the agreement, or if full or partial payment in advance has been stipulated, the delivery term will not commence until Pikaplant has received the correct and full information or the payment in advance.
4.3 Delivery to non-consumers will take place the moment the products have left Pikaplant’s storage space. Delivery to Consumers will take place at the address stated by the Buyer upon the conclusion of the agreement, including delivery at the post office or at neighbours/third parties specified by the Buyer on the grounds of absence. The risk in the products delivered will pass to the Buyer on the moment of delivery.
4.4 If the Buyer refuses to take delivery, Pikaplant may charge him the resulting costs. In that case Pikaplant will also have the right to dissolve the agreement, without prejudice to his right to claim full damages.
5. Retention of title
5.1 All products delivered will remain Pikaplant’s property until the Buyer has fulfilled all his obligations towards Pikaplant under the agreement.
5.2 If the Buyer is acting in the conduct of his profession or business (non-consumer), the following applies:
- the Buyer may sell products that have remained Pikaplant’s property pursuant to this clause to third parties only in the context of the normal conduct of its business;
- if the Buyer fails to fulfill its obligations under an agreement concluded with Pikaplant and Pikaplant has good reason to believe that the Buyer will fail to fulfill its obligations, Pikaplant will have the right to take back products delivered from the Buyer or from third parties that hold the products on behalf of the Buyer. In that case the Buyer must fully cooperate.
6. Dissolution and return of products
6.1 The Buyer may amend or cancel an order only with Pikaplant’s prior consent. If Pikaplant has already incurred costs or will incur costs as a result of the amendment or cancellation, Pikaplant may charge those cost to the Buyer.
6.2 In the event of Distance Purchase, the Buyer will have the right to dissolve the purchase in writing, without stating any reason, within 14 working days of receipt of the products. If the purchase price has already been paid it will we be repaid as soon as possible but no later than 14 days after we have received the products at our warehouse, unless Pikaplant has reason to believe that the products returned have already been opened or used, or have been damaged due to any act on the part of the Buyer.
6.3 Article 6.2 will not apply to the Distance Purchase of:
- products whose price is subject to fluctuations on the financial market beyond Pikaplant’s control;
- products that:
- were produced in accordance with the Buyer’s specifications;
- are clearly of a personal nature;
- cannot be returned due to their nature; or
- are subject to rapid spoilage or ageing.
- audio and video recordings and software if the seal has been broken by the Buyer;
- newspapers or magazines: or
- services provided with the Consumer’s approval before the end of the period of 14 working days.
6.4 Products delivered may be returned only with Pikaplant’s prior written consent, whereby Pikaplant will have the right to give instructions regarding the manner of shipment. The direct costs involved in the return shipment of the products in the context of this Article will be payable by the Buyer, unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing.
7.1 On pikaplant.com we accept payments via iDEAL, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, CartaSi, Cartes Bancaires, Bancontact, SEPA Direct Debit and PayPal. Upon receiving your orderwe will charge your payment card. As soon as your card is successfully debited, the orderwill be accepted. Goods will not be dispatched until payment has been completed.
8. Right of suspension and dissolution
8.1 In addition to the provisions regarding force majeure and the provisions of Article 6, Pikaplant will have the right to suspend (in full or in part) the performance of its obligations under all agreements that exist between the parties or to dissolve those agreements in full or in part without any notice of default or judicial intervention being required:
- if the Buyer is in default or Pikaplant has good reason to believe that the Buyer will not perform its obligations in full and/or in time;
- in the event of liquidation, a suspension of payment, a petition for a suspension of payment, bankruptcy or debt rescheduling, or any other circumstance as a result of which the Buyer can no longer freely dispose of its capital;
- or if circumstances occur as a result of which it is impossible to perform the agreement or Pikaplant cannot reasonably be required to continue the agreement in an unamended form.
8.2 In the referred to in paragraph 8.1 any obligations of the Buyer will furthermore fall due immediately and Pikaplant will not be required to pay any damages. The latter will not apply in the event of dissolution on the grounds of circumstances for which the Consumer cannot be blamed.
9. Guarantees and complaints
9.1 The products to be supplied by Pikaplant will meet the customer requirements and standards that can reasonably be set at the moment of delivery and for which they are intended in the event of normal use. If applicable, guarantee provisions of suppliers and third parties, such as producers and importers, will apply to the products supplied by Pikaplant.
9.2 In the event of use outside the Netherlands, the Buyer itself must verify whether the products are suitable for use there and whether they meet the conditions and the applicable statutory and other requirements.
9.3 The Buyer will be required to inspect the products delivered immediately upon receipt. Any defects established must be reported to Pikaplant in writing, stating the reasons, within 7 days or in the case of external defects immediately.
9.4 If it has been proven that a product is not in conformity with the agreement and the complaint was filed in a timely manner, Pikaplant may, at its option, replace the product in question, arrange for repairs, or refund the invoice price plus any shipping costs paid. In the case of Consumer Purchase,
9.5 All data, designs and images regarding colours, materials, dimensions and finishing will be for information purposes only. Divergences will not be reason for rejection, discount, dissolution of the agreement or damages if such divergences are minor
10. Intellectual property rights
10.1 The Buyer expressly acknowledges that all intellectual and/or industrial property rights in respect of the products, materials and information made available to the Buyer by Pikaplant, including samples, packaging, labels and designs (and their appearance), the composition and/or specifications of samples, products and semi-finished products, as well as technical and commercial know-how, models, moulds, designs and patterns, vest in Pikaplant, its supplier or other parties entitled.
10.2 If and insofar as Pikaplant manufactures products or packaging on the basis of express instructions given by the Buyer, such as specifications, designs, sketches, models or patterns provided by the Buyer, the Buyer warrants that no third-party rights will be infringed. The Buyer indemnifies Pikaplant against any third-party claims in this context and will reimburse all costs incurred by Pikaplant in connection with such claims.
11. Liability for damage
11.1 Pikaplant will not be liable for damage caused:
- by incompetent use of the products delivered or use for a purpose other than that for which they are suitable by objective standards;
- because Pikaplant used incorrect or incomplete data provided by or on behalf of the Buyer;
- by third parties engaged in a performance of the agreement at the Buyer’s request or with the Buyer’s consent;
- by materials or services provided by third parties at the Buyer’s request or with the Buyer’s consent; or
- by misunderstandings, damage, delays or the improper receipt of orders and notifications due to the use of the Internet or any other means of communication (whether or not electronic).
11.2 Only direct loss attributable to Pikaplant will qualify for compensation. Any and all liability for indirect loss, including but not limited to consequential loss, loss of profits, damaged or lost data or materials, and loss of proceeds is excluded. In the case of Consumer Purchase the scope of this provision will be limited to that permitted under Article 7:24(2) of the Dutch Civil Code.
11.3 Insofar as Pikaplant is liable for the reimbursement of loss, that loss will be limited to the invoice amount for the delivery or partial delivery in question, on the understanding that that amount will not exceed €45,000 and will in any event be limited to the amount that the insurer pays Pikaplant in the case in question.
11.4 The Buyer indemnifies Pikaplant against any and all claims from third parties that incur losses in connection with the performance of the agreement and for the cause of which the Buyer is to blame.
11.5 The limitations recorded in Article 11.1 to 11.14 will not apply:
- if the loss is due to intent or gross negligence on the part of Pikaplant or its executive or nonexecutive subordinates;
- in the event of product liability towards a Consumer within the meaning of Book 6, Part 3, Chapter 3, of the Dutch Civil Code.
12. Force majeure
12.1 If Pikaplant is unable to perform the agreement due to an event of force majeure, it will have the right to suspend its obligations until the event of force majeure has ended. If that period lasts longer than two months, either of the parties will have the right to dissolve the agreement in respect of the products affected by the event of force majeure, without being required to compensate the loss incurred by the other party. In that case the Buyer will be required to pay for the products already delivered.
12.2 In these General Conditions, ‘force majeure’ means, among other things, in addition to the definition of that term in the law and in case law, all external causes beyond Pikaplant’s control, either foreseen or unforeseen, as a result of which Pikaplant is unable to fulfill its obligations.
13. Dutch law and competent court
13.1 This Agreement is governed by Dutch law, also if an obligation is performed abroad in full or in part or if the Buyer has its place of residence there. The applicability of the Vienna Sales Convention is excluded.
13.2 In the event of disputes, the court of the place where Pikaplant has its registered office will be the competent court, unless mandatory rules of law provide otherwise. Pikaplant will nevertheless have the right to submit the dispute to the court that has jurisdiction according to the law. In the case of Consumer Purchase, the court of the Buyer’s place of residence will be the competent court.
13.3 The parties will submit a dispute to the court only after they have made every effort to settle the dispute in consultation.
14. Other provisions
14.1 The Dutch text of these General Conditions will at all times be decisive in the interpretation of these General Conditions.
14.2 Amendments and/or additions to these General Conditions will be valid and applicable only if recorded in writing. If Pikaplant uses additional conditions or any provisions that conflict with these General Conditions, they will not affect the validity and applicability of other provisions of these General Conditions.